[Its-hackers] Archives

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Wed Nov 9 09:33:56 CET 2016

Eric Swenson wrote
> Lars, are you referring to the files with the ARCHIV extension?

No, those are usually software change logs.

Mike McMahon wrote:
> ARn: UDIR; is the "inside" of DSK: UDIR; ARn >. Use it like any file
> system; the archive is created on demand.

Thank you.  I was able to say e.g. :LISTF AR1: and see the contents.
I can copy files into and out of existing archives.

However, I couldn't create new archives.  I tried various things, but
the closest got was a one-block archive file which only responded with
DEVICE NOT READY whichever way I tried to access it.