[its-hackers] sys; atsign dragon

Eric Swenson eric at swenson.org
Thu Nov 17 08:24:50 CET 2016

I suspect, even if KLH10 cannot boot directly from disk, as long as DDT/DSKDMP are loaded, you can load whatever ITS is stored in the FE file system, so we should be able to update the “its rp06” that you are currently storing in the FE file system and load/run that, right?  I’m not altogether sure, and perhaps Ken can comment here, why the way KLH10 users boot ITS systems (they way it is documented) is to load an @.its-647es-u like image from the host file system rather than loading an ITS image from the ITS disk.  This requires exporting a new ITS image from ITS to the host, running a conversion tool on it, and then updating a KLH10 INI file with the new ITS image.  I’d just as soon just boot with DDT/NSALV and type “its<CR>$g” to start its (that way, if you have multiple ITS images in the “.;” directory, e.g. NITS, you can choose which one to boot.

— Eric