[its-hackers] sys; atsign dragon

Eric Swenson eric at swenson.org
Thu Nov 17 17:31:36 CET 2016

Hi Ken,

Yeah, I was mistakenly referring to the "." directory as the FE file system. Thanks for the correction.

In any case, the issues I was having with KLH10 are no longer. Lars' latest changes to the klh10 branch of the repo -- to load the system sources with DUMP rather than NSALV have made the MIDAS issue go away. It must have been the case that using NSALV to write a large file system from tape was somehow corrupting the file system /disk structure. I'm still a bit curious as to why and may try to narrow the issue down by incrementally adding files to the NSALV-loaded file system until things break and then comparing the disk images from before and after the breakage. I'm wondering if it is just a timing-related issue. I say this because one or two of the NSALV loaded MINSYS tapes that I've found are bigger that the one built by Lars' bootstrap.

-- Eric