[its-hackers] GT40 news

Ken Harrenstien iceklh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:46:52 CET 2021

IIRC, SHRDLU considerably predated the arrival of the GT40.
The only thing I ever saw the GT40 actually used for was Lunar Lander,
but then I was almost never around during the daytime.

I don't remember another GT40 existing, or we would have tried to
use it for LL as well.  There *was*, however, a GT44 in a small room at the
south end of the 9th floor, past MIT-MC.  This was more of a full
PDP-11 rack with a larger display and for whatever reason wasn't
a favorite for playing with, at least in the little circle I moved in.  The
DM Imlacs on the 2nd floor were much more prized for Maze playing.

--Ken