[its-hackers] Muddle function to remove a node from a list.

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Wed Apr 14 09:18:40 CEST 2021

Timothy Anderson wrote:
> Euclid's (or Tim's) sixth axiom is that there is absolutely no part of
> this entire exercise that is even remotely rational [...] Like the
> song says, nerds just want to have fun.

This is very much true.  There certainly are no material or productivity
gains in running ITS today.  But I think it's great fun!  It's the best
text adventure game I have ever seen.  There are all the elements:
exploring unknown territory, solving puzzels, quirky characters.  It's
not interactive fiction, but interactive facts.

Eric Swenson wrote:
> Wouldn’t it be better, rather than reimplementing the package system,
> to just request of the MIT archives the release of the runtime
> libraries for the various versions of MDL?

That's probably better in the long run, and I'd like to make that happen
some day.  But it's also a some work on the part of other people, and I
don't want to be a pest.

In the meanwhile, RRS's package system will make it possible to run
things like MIGS.