[its-hackers] Muddle Oblist observation

rrs0 at earthlink.net rrs0 at earthlink.net
Mon May 3 01:28:20 CEST 2021

Hi Everyone,

I Just notice a difference between how ITS Muddle handles oblists and what's stated in GFP and SWG's "The MDL
Programming Language". The manual says that an OBLIST is a of PRIMTYPE UVECTOR and UTYPE LIST where
The LISTs are hash buckets for ATOMs. The default bucket count is 13 (Note: a prime number).

What I have observed all OBLISTs have one hash bucket in them. See blow:
I admit this makes getting all the ATOMs in an OBLIST easier when there is only one hash bucket per OBLIST,
but this isn't what the Muddle Manual said. Is that any different in MIM???

<LENGTH .OBLIST>$
2
(<GET <1 .OBLIST> OBLIST> <GET <2 .OBLIST> OBLIST>)$
(INITIAL ROOT)

<SET FOOBL <MOBLIST FOO 3>>$
#OBLIST ![()!]
<SET BNARBL <MOBLIST BAR>>$
#OBLIST ![()!]

<FLOAD "ITSPKG >">$
"DONE"
<LENGTH .OBLIST>$
2
<GET PACKAGE OBLIST>$
#OBLIST ![(PKG!-PACKAGE)!]
<GET PKG!-PACKAGE OBLIST>$
#OBLIST ![(SEARCH!-PKG!-PACKAGE IPKG!-PKG!-PACKAGE)!]
<SET BIGOBL <MOBLIST BIG 237>>$
#OBLIST ![()!]