[its-hackers] File name wild cards

rrs0 at earthlink.net rrs0 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 1 01:21:09 CEST 2021

Thanks Jack,
I may have to change the way I have been creating my FN2's (2nd file name). On Twinx xxx.mud or xxx.nbin or
xxx.fbin would work. On ITS, I always used URSnnn for my FN2, "U" stood for MDL source code and "RS" are my
first and last initials. I forgot what the FN2 prefix characters for Midas ("M" maybe) Calico , and TECO were.

Should I drop the prefix letter and <STRING  <SNAME> <UNPARSE .N> where .N is the
sequence number MOD ( 6 - <LENGTH <SNAME>>)? For me URSnnn would work fine for FN2 and ">".
Or for the FN2 should I go with " <SNAME>nnn"or "U"<SNAME>nn. I could build in "URSnnn" as special case for "RRS;"
But that that not a tasteful solution.

	RRS at MIT-DMCG (DMS)