[its-hackers] acronym for MUDDLE

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Sun Sep 26 20:11:11 CEST 2021

Aaah, thanks, that fills in some gaps.  I never knew who created the
"muddling" parody, but it makes sense that it came from the AI crowd.

I agree that the goals of DMCG were vague.   The best I remember was the
goal to "use computers to assist human activities", which is pretty
broad.   "Computer Graphics" was pretty clear, but I'm still not sure
exactly what "Dynamic Models" were.

Curious that, despite AV's persistent efforts, Muddle survives today,
sometimes abbreviated MDL.   Still laughing.

I'd love to see Muddle introduced into NodeRed, especially the
programming/debugging elements.   Tweaking NodeRed involves using json,
which I find not very user-friendly.

/Jack