[its-hackers] Knight (and SAIL) keyboard replicas

Joseph Oswald josephoswald at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 19:01:25 CET 2021

Lars: did you mean to point at

https://github.com/larsbrinkhoff/Knight_and_SAIL_keyboard or
https://github.com/osiweb/unified_retro_keyboard/issues/37 ?

I'm a little surprised that you can't find some other keycaps already
manufactured for other replicas. I suspect the vendors of this kind of
thing might already have tooling for things like the SpaceCadet keyboard,
where I suppose most of the SAIL/Knight keyboards are a subset(??)

A random web search led me, for example,
http://www.7bit.info/honeyb/_CADET.html which seems to list a number of caps

There seem to have been multiple "group buys" for this kind of thing,
though I can't follow what process they actually describe. This is all
getting into the kind of ghoulish keyboard cult that cares more about these
unusual keyboards than the machines themselves (which hurts people trying
to actually find them for old Symbolics hardware).